[Rhodes22-list] Todays Headline

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 10:48:47 EDT 2003

Bush Calls N. Korea Nuke Revelation 'Time Saver'
(2003-04-25) -- U.S. President George Bush said North
Korea's announcement that it had nuclear weapons and
might test them was "a real time saver."

"I want to thank Kim Jong Il," said Mr. Bush. "We
could have spent months, even years, going through the
U.N. Security Council just trying to find out if they
had nuculer weapons. Now, we can move directly to step
two, which is 'Drop your weapons and come out with
your hands up.'"

The President said the Pentagon has already assembled
a location list of giant statues of Mr. Kim and he's
willing to invest up to $100 billion to knock them
down.

Rep. Dick Gephardt, D-MO, and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-CA,
said they'll introduce legislation to topple the
statues for half of that sum, and use the savings to
create a government run universal health care system.