[Rhodes22-list] Lloyd don't duck for cover yet

lcrowther lcrowther at cox.net
Sun Apr 27 18:26:50 EDT 2003

Todd,

Went in the water April 17 after they finally moved all the big boats they
had stored in front of Uhuru II.  They were supposed to launch March 31 but
came down with a bad case of planning ahead.  First time storing on a
trailer worked to my disadvantage. Always before they could snake her out on
demand but last fall they asked me to give them a launch-by date to help
their efficiency.

When you made your measurements last fall you will recall the boat was in a
great spot with complete access and even room to park by the bow.  However,
during the winter somebody began to play boat Chinese Checkers and even the
boat-yard paper-shuffler lost track of her until I stopped by after our big
snow and finally found her buried in a snow drift.  You better believe they
won't lose that boat again.

Should finish putting things back together and in order tomorrow and finally
be ready for another season.

Lloyd