[Rhodes22-list] Lloyd you will need a new map

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Mon Apr 28 09:59:52 EDT 2003

Claude,
	If you have not been to Hartwell recently, you might not
recognize it.  The lake is over 2 feet above full pond!  What were
shoals and sandbars last fall is water.  Yesterday, we sailed north from
the marina? Had another regular right behind me until I looped around a
couple of the few islands left.  Actually one island now was a peninsula
last fall.  You will thing they docked your boat on a new lake.
	But a word of caution, when I got back to the dock, another
sailboat pulled in and got the maintenance crew to give them an estimate
on repairing their sail boat.  It seems they were racing and another
boat broadsided them.  They said he 't-boned' them.  Big crushing dent
in the side of the boat.  It was above the water line so the boat was
sailable.  But it was pushed in so far that it bent their genoa slide
rail.  I guess you have to be careful who you race on Lake Hartwell.
You have heard the term crushing defeat, well now it crushing the
winner...
		Ed K