[Rhodes22-list] More Dumb Questions.

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:42:50 EDT 2003

Hi all,  I had my main sail reconditioned this winter.  They added 2 reef
points and a full Batten at the top.  My next job is to add a J hook to
attach the tack of the main when reefed.  My question is for others with
standard main w/ reefs, Where did you attach the hook (Boom or Mast).  Did
you rivit it?  I would use aluminum rivits do I need an aluminum Hook as
well? One last Question since I am on a role.  Anyone with a full batten,
does you sail stick while hoisting and dropping? Mine gets hung up the cars
above and below the batten jam and it is unexceptable.  Sailcare did not add
a batten car in front of the batten which is needed, I guess, whether I can
add it now remains uncertine.  Thanks in advance.

Bob Weber