[Rhodes22-list] Cockpit Floor

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Apr 29 14:43:31 EDT 2003

Slim,

Surfboard wax will always work.  It sticks to any other wax, but it's so tacky it quickly looks dirty.  Collinite wax remover will take it off.

If you look at different blends of waxes in automotive and marine stores you can select for harder waxes with greater shine, or softer waxes with less shine, but longer lasting and easier to walk on.

West Marine sells a wax in an orange and green can that I have been very happy with for the deck, cockpit, and seats.  You can build up many coats in high traffic areas. (I'm not sure that putting on multiple coats of Collinite does anything--does the second coat take off the first?)  It doesn't get slippery when wet--in fact, it is less slippery when wet than uncoated fiberglass--I tested.  I'm nowhere near my boat, so I can't tell you the name of the wax.

Bill Effros