[Rhodes22-list] please help

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Aug 1 13:18:00 EDT 2003

Joseph,

I had no idea Peter was referring to your boat, nor did I know the seller was on the list--the question I answered was not asked in a way that could let me know this information.  I did not tell him not to buy your boat.  If I have offended you, I apologize.  That was not my intention.

What I said was that bootleg boats not built to Stan's specifications are not the same as Stan's boats (in answer to Peter's question) and that I would not buy one.

For all I know, your boat is better than one of Stan's boats, however I don't know how anyone without extensive familiarity with these boats could make that determination.  I could not do it if I came out to take a look for myself, and I don't think Peter will be able to do it if he comes out and takes a look for himself.

Stan has taken a look at these boats, and he won't touch boats like yours regardless of the selling price.

Peter asked for opinions.  There is mine.  Take it or leave it.  Everyone on this list has that right.

Bill Effros