[Rhodes22-list] rhodes 33

Julie rain5 at peak.org
Fri Aug 1 22:26:39 EDT 2003

We have a 1947 Rhodes 33, number 33 that has been out of the water for
around six years.  The hull is in good shape but needs refastening etc.  The
boat is in need of extensive restoration, about 95% complete with mast, boom
and sails as well as most hardware.
It is located near Morro Bay, CA  and is sitting on a custom made cradle.
We are anxious to find a home for the  Rhodes, since we now live in Oregon
and have little time for the devotion this boat needs. We would sell for
very little to the right party or consider trades.
This an incredibly beautiful sailboat...Similar to the Lake One designs, and
was once owned by Bill Ficker, the America's Cup captain.  The last owner
let her fall into disrepair and was going to cut her up for salvage.  Once a
fast sloop built and raced in Southern California this boat has a lot of
potential and with patience could be resurrected.  We would rather find
someone, (possibly a wooden boat school) who will see her to completion
rather than have her sit around waiting for us.....
Any suggestions???
We can send digital photos....

Arin Rain
35163 Lillian Dr.