[Rhodes22-list] Seat Drain Holes

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Mon Aug 4 14:03:31 EDT 2003

Bob,
	Do not do it.  My boat came with some holes drilled back away
from the bulkhead.  It took me a year to figure out how water was
getting into the bilge.  It would siphon along the bottom edge of the
seat until it dripped down on the bulkhead, some going down inside and
some going to the bilge.  I have glued tubes to each hole to drain the
water to the cockpit floor, but it doesn't look pretty.  And it was a
challenge to glue plastic tubing to the hole without creating an edge in
the hole to keep water flowing down.
           Ed K