[Rhodes22-list] test

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Tue Aug 5 15:30:56 EDT 2003

well then, here some jokes :-)

MJM

An Indian and a priest are walking through the woods. The priest is teaching
the Indian the English language, so he can be integrated into the "white
man's society".

As they walk along, the priest sees a tree and says to the Indian, "Tree."
They continue walking along and come upon a bush, and the priest says to the
Indian, "Bush".

They keep walking and eventually come out into a small clearing, where they
come upon a man and a woman having sex. The priest is so upset that he's not
sure what he should tell the Indian. The only thing he can think of to say
is, "Man riding a bicycle."

The Indian then pulls out his bow and arrow, aims and instantly kills the
man. The priest turns to the Indian and says, "What'd you do that for?"

The Indian replies, "MY bicycle!!"

 - from Kevin Haggerty

--
Ever wonder why golf is growing in popularity and why people who don't even
play go to tournaments or watch it on TV? These truisms may shed light:

o Golf is an honorable game, with the overwhelming majority of players being
honorable people who don't need referees.
o Golfers don't have some of their players in jail every week.
o Golfers don't scratch their privates on the golf course.
o Golfers don't kick dirt on, or throw bottles at, other people.
o Professional golfers are compensated in direct proportion to how well they
play.
o Golfers don't get per diem and two seats on a charter flight when they
travel between tournaments.
o Golfers don't hold out for more money, or demand new contracts, because of
another player's deal.
o Professional golfers don't demand that the taxpayers pay for the courses
on which they play.
o When golfers make a mistake, nobody is there to cover for them or back
them up.
o The PGA Tour raises more money for charity in one year than the National
Football League does in two.
o You can watch the best golfers in the world up close, at any tournament,
including the majors, all day, every day for $25 or $30. The cost for a seat
in the nosebleed section at the Super Bowl will cost around $300 or more.
o You can bring a picnic lunch to the tournament golf course, watch the best
in the world and not spend a small fortune on food and drink. Try that at
one of the taxpayer funded baseball or football stadiums. If you bring a
soft drink into a ballpark, they'll give you two options -- get rid of it or
leave.
o In golf you cannot fail 70% of the time and make $9 million a season, like
the best baseball hitters (.300 batting average) do.
o Golf doesn't change its rules to attract fans.
o Golfers have to adapt to an entirely new playing area each week.
o Golfers keep their clothes on while they are being interviewed.
o Golf doesn't have free agency.
o In their prime, Greg Norman, Arnold Palmer and other stars, would shake
your hand and say they were happy to meet you. In his prime Jose Canseco
wore T-shirts that read "Leave Me Alone."
o You can hear birds chirping on the golf course during a tournament.
o At a golf tournament, (unlike at taxpayer-funded sports stadiums and
arenas) you won't hear a steady stream of four letter words and nasty name
calling while you're hoping that no one spills beer on you.
o Tiger Woods can hit a golf ball three times as far as Barry Bonds can hit
a baseball.
o Golf courses don't ruin the neighborhood.

Finally, here's a slice of golf history you might enjoy. Why do full-length
golf courses have 18 holes, and not 20, or 10 or an even dozen? (Mumf query:
didn't Robin Williams explain this?) During a discussion among the club's
membership board at St. Andrews in 1858, one of the members pointed out that
it takes exactly 18 shots to polish off a fifth of Scotch. By limiting
himself to only one shot of Scotch per hole, the Scot figured a round of
golf was finished when the Scotch ran out. Now you know.

 - from Dave Houpert

--
A man came home from work, sat down in his favorite chair, turned on the TV,
and said to his wife, "Quick, bring me a beer before it starts."

She looked a little puzzled, but brought him a beer. When he finished it, he
said, "Quick, bring me another beer. It's gonna start."

This time she looked a little angry, but brought him a beer. When it was
gone he said, "Quick, another beer before it starts."

"That's it!" She blows  her top! "You bastard! You waltz in here, flop your
fat ass down, don't even say hello to me and then expect me to run around
like your slave. Don't you realize that I cook, clean, wash, and iron all
day long?"

The husband  sighed, "Damn, it's started..."

 - from Jim Pocius