[Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake - Eastern Bay

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 22:05:52 EDT 2003

Tana and I will be on the Chesapeake from August 31 to Sept 2.   We're putting in at Casa Rio, Mayo, West River and will sail east and explore Eastern Bay, and would welcome contact with any sociable Rhodies.  We've never been there, so any suggestions or advice about places to see (or avoid) over Labor Day, good anchorages, etc. would also be very welcome.   We haven't taken possession of the R22 yet, so our fleet consists of our Starwind 19 (sail #821) and a Mac26x - cousin Tom from Bay Shore, Long Island.

I too will miss Bill Berner.  Just last night, I read "Bill and Carol's Excellent Sailing Adventure" to Tana.  Bill, I feel that I know you and will miss you - good luck with your next boat!