[Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake - Eastern Bay

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 23:28:08 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Todd Tavares" <sprocket80 at mail.com>
To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Chesapeake - Eastern Bay

> Peter,
>
>    Casa Rio has a nice steep ramp.  :-)
> It's a small marina with few amenities.  There is a big shopping plaza
about 3 miles before you get there, with grocery stores and even a West
Marine store!

> Fair winds,
>
> Todd

putting in at Casa Rio, Mayo, West River and will sail east and explore
Eastern Bay, and would welcome contact with any sociable Rhodies.  We've
never been there, so any suggestions or advice about places to see (or
avoid) over Labor Day, good anchorages, etc. would also be very welcome.
We haven't taken possession of the R22 yet, so our fleet consists of our
Starwind 19 (sail #821) and a Mac26x - cousin Tom from Bay Shore, Long
Island.

> > I too will miss Bill Berner.  Just last night, I read "Bill and Carol's
Excellent Sailing Adventure" to Tana.  Bill, I feel that I know you and will
miss you - good luck with your next boat!