[Rhodes22-list] Slim's Trailer

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Tue Aug 12 17:05:43 EDT 2003

Todd,

Yeah, it looks like my axle should go back about six inches.  That was
Stan's first reaction too.  I might go seven just to be sure.  If seven's
too much, I'd have no problem loading the boat farther aft!!!  And thanks
for the advice about the tires. I've often thought I had the wrong ones.

I can probably find a shop around here that will move the axle.  This is the
Land of Ten Thousand Lakes and about ten million boats, so there's gotta be
someone.  In the mean time, I might consider this option:  What if I bought
a set of jack stands?  How hard would it be to set up the jacks at the ramp
and just crank her up a couple inches and slide the trailer under it where
ever I want it?  Sure, it would add a few minutes to the whole procedure,
but it seems like it would solve the problem perfectly.  I'd like to have a
set of jacks anyway to help with the bottom painting jobs.

Yes, that's the GB hoist you saw on the bow.  I'll try to take some pix for
you the next time I'm out there.

Slim