[Rhodes22-list] North Carolina trailer registration

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 14 10:59:02 EDT 2003

Bob,

Sorry to inform you of this.  I just ordered a trailer from Stan, so this
research is fresh in my mind.  In NC, trailers hauling more than 3,000
pounds gross require brakes on the highway.   An older (lighter) R22 is
about 3,000 plus the trailer is about 1,000 plus fuel, water, beer, stuff,
etc is another 500 = 4,500 gross.  If you plan to haul down the highway,
you'll need brakes to be legal.

If you're just going to leave it in the yard at McCotters, you may not need
a license tag - just a title.

Fairwinds,
PT