[Rhodes22-list] rudder wobble

bgreenwald at optonline.net bgreenwald at optonline.net
Sat Aug 16 14:24:15 EDT 2003

Hi Folks,

Here is a problem - hopefully minor - that I don't recall seeing addressed on the list.  From the time it was delivered by GB, my rudder has had a slight wobble.  I finally took a good look at it on tyhe mooring and saw that the wobble is pretty clearly focused around the pivot point.  I wouldlike to know whther some wobble is normal and if so, how much (I don't really know how one would measure the acceptable level but maybe someone more creative than I has a thought)  If the wobble is supposed to be non-existent or, at least not noticeable, is there some way to correct it?  The bolt thru the pivot point seems to be as tight as I can get it and the only thought I have is that there shouild be some soprt of spacer between the rudder and the bracket but I am not sure there is enough room for that.  Any thought/help would be apppreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Bruce Greenwald
S/V Ruach II