[Rhodes22-list] Slim's Trailering problems

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Mon Aug 18 08:32:33 EDT 2003

Slim:
	Like Rummy I am just getting to look at your pictures.  I have
the Triad trailer.  They must use the same blueprints for most of the
trailer, however without measuring I think I have more distance between
the trailer hitch and the bow stop post.  My bow stop appears to be
about twice as long.  I never get my boat that far back from the post.
When you first brought up the problem, I wrote back saying that Elton or
Stan told me to get the boat as far forward as possible.  I would say
that you ought to bring the boat forward 6 to 8 inches.  While the boat
is still in the water work the wench as tight as possible.  Go up the
ramp a few feet to tighten the strap.  Every time I go up the ramp the
weight of the boat allows the boat to slide back about 6 to 8 inches.
Then back and refloat the boat and wench the most forward position
possible.  I wish Elton was on the list to see your pictures and all
this discussion.  Stan's reply was move the axle back.  But, you have
not convinced me that you have gotten the boat forward enough.  Getting
the boat forward a little more might save you the trouble of rebuilding
your trailer.
	My boat stop is kept all the way forward and as of yet, I have
not moved the boat stop back, even when I have an inch or two between it
and the boat.
      Ed K