[Rhodes22-list] trailering

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 18 22:21:55 EDT 2003

Hello Jim,

Sorry I can't help you with Blazer info, but I would like to offer some food
for thought.  I was reading somewhere on the web that many boat trailer
makers recognize that many boat owners don't own pickups or Suburbans, so
many boat trailers are designed to carry only 5-8% on the tongue, instead of
the recommended 10-15%.   IF this is the case, you could probably get by
towing your beautiful new Rhodes with a Blazer -- although I would caution
you to be very careful on curves and bumps. IMHO, it would be much better
and far safer to verify tongue weight at 10-15% and transfer the load to
your front wheels with a WDH.  That would be lots cheaper than a new pickup,
or roadside disaster.

The actual tongue weight of a new Rhodes on a new Triad trailer is still a
mystery to me.  Are there any Rhodes owners with late model single axle
Triads who have measured their actual tongue weight?

-PT