[Rhodes22-list] trailering

Mary Lou Troy mltroy at netreach.net
Mon Aug 18 23:31:02 EDT 2003

Jim,
We trailer with a 2000 Blazer, plain old Class III hitch. It's been
adequate for the job. we towed it home from Edenton (long but flat) and tow
a couple of times a year on I95 (flat). We take the motor and rudder off
the boat and put them in the car when trailering. If we were towing all the
time we would probably want something with a little more muscle. It seems
to me that there has been some variation in rated towing capacity for the
Blazers over the years but I'm not sure about the variables. I think our
target tongue weight was somewhere around 250 - 300 lbs. We only measured
it once back when we got the boat in 1998 and we were towing with our 1989
Blazer.

Mary Lou
1991 Rhodes 22 Fretless
Swan Creek, MD / Ft. Washington, PA