[Rhodes22-list] Fraying IMF Outhaul line

anima anima13 at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 25 06:34:34 EDT 2003

Jim,
I cleat off the lines but do not slide the sliding
block forward. I replaced my inhaul line after two seasons
but outhaul line is in its 4th season (I sail alot of winter also)
with no chaffing.
Perhaps with the sliding block forward you have too much
tension on the outhaul? I just leave it back aft on the boom.
Anne