[Rhodes22-list] Water Tank

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Fri Aug 29 20:15:26 EDT 2003

Paul,

I have a 98 with the Rubber Maid tank and have had absolutely no trouble with it at all.  I use it continually, summer and winter.  I never drain it.  And it has always worked perfectly.  It doesn't leak.

I would consider going in on the Michael Tank, against my better judgement as a long standing advocate of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My greatest concern about the Michael Tank is that my boat is bow-heavy when empty, and I think Michael's Tank is further forward than the tank I have.  IIRC Michael required the fiberglass tank to maintain pressure in his vacuum flush system, not because he was having a problem with the existing tank.

I have been flushing with fresh water this season owing to a barnacle problem I have been too lazy to address, and this has made me a convert to fresh water flushing.

Bill Effros