[Rhodes22-list] Boarding ladder step covers

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 10:57:19 EDT 2003

Mark,
The previous owner of my boat had fashioned some wooden steps from Cedar.
Over time they began to look really crappy, so this spring I made some new,
larger steps from UHMWPE. It's the white plastic that a lot of the hardware on the
boat is made from. It's not very expensive and it machines nicely. I used
stainless steel carriage bolts with a rounded head and countersunk them so I have
a smooth surfact for your feet. I think the bolts and accorn nuts were the
most expensive part. Total costy around $60.00.
I have a router and a drill press so making them wasn't difficult. If you
need, I would be willing to make them for you if you'll pay for the parts and
shipping. I have another boat I will be making them for shortly, so another set
wouldn't be a big deal. I would need your measurements and the bolt holes,
center to center.

Rummy