[Rhodes22-list] Beating

Llewshirl at aol.com Llewshirl at aol.com
Mon Dec 1 16:43:55 EST 2003

I'm afraid I don't know many particulars about the mast other than it's made
of aluminum, has a hinge bolt with a slotted stainless steel step which allows
the bottom of the mast to raise and lower slightly as it is being righted.  I
assume the rigging is standard with upper shrouds, two lowers on each side
and a double rear stay that you adjust with the blocks between them.
I'm not sure whether the genny is 175% or 150%.  The boat came with an extra
genny which I've never flown, but it is of lighter weight material.  With the
roller furling, I have no idea how one would change the genny without taking
the mast down. I have never examined it closely, but it is possible that the
other one is meant to fly loosly at the luff and use a spare halyard to raise
it.  I really don't know.
Any comments will be appreciated.
Lew