[Rhodes22-list] Corny energy source

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 06:00:47 EST 2003

Roger,
At last years Detroit auto show, GM unveiled it's new vehicle platform which
is hydrogen based. The platform includes steering and propulsion and is
approximately 8 inches high the entire length. The body is fitted to the platform
and all connections, including joy stick steering are made through one
electrical connection. When presented at the show, the oil industry spokes people said
they weren't interested, but GM is going full speed forward with this project.
This is no longer conceptual, it is already here. They put safety first and
hired some of the best people available for this project. I read an extensive
article a while back in one of the International trade magazines I get.....very
cool project.
The cost for the new vehicle is reported to be somewhere around a mid size
luxury car, say around $20,000 fully equipped. Bodies can be changed easily in a
home garage. Mom can have a station wagon during the week and the kids can
have a sports car on the weekends.
The byproduct of burning hydrogen is water. Water is the only emission.

Rummy