[Rhodes22-list] Steve on Pointing

Steve rhodes2282 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 06:44:16 EST 2003

Ed
With the IMF, from what I have heard, all you can do
is make the mast streight up and down.  This could be
a problem for you in getting the headstay tight
enough.  Especially with the GB furler since you don't
have a turnbuckle at the bottom of the headstay.  If
you have to much sag in your headstay; this will
affect your pointing ability.

I am referring to the fixed point at the bottom of the
headsail.  I didn't use the screw at the bottom.  That
is where I use a rope & electric tape to make it
adjustable. Take a look at your furler.  There is a
round plate where your furler line rap up at.  Mine
had 2 holes in that plate. 1 kind of outside & another
close to the tube.  If you run a rope from the eye of
the bottom of the headsail, to the plate hole that is
close to the tube; you can adjust your luff.  NOw you
would think that without using that set screw at the
bottom of your headsail; that the headsail would not
roll up properily.  That where the electric tape come
in.  Rape it several times and very tight.  Electric
tape is cheap so use all you want.  It will hold.
There should be at least 6 to 8 inches of rope lenght
that you rape around which will make a good fixed
point for the bottom of you headsail.

Never was good at drawing pictures or spelling for
that matter:-)
Steve