[Rhodes22-list] Subdividing masthead real estate

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 17:18:03 EST 2003

Mary Lou,
I have the Metz antennae which is similar to the Shakespeare model you have.
I mounted the mounting bracket facing up, with the top near the top of the
mast. This way, with the antennae base mounted, I use the wind vane which mounts
directly on the antennae whip. I don't have an anchor light, just use the one
on the front of the mast.
For the coax, I lined the inside of the mast with foam pipe insulation to
eliminate any wire slapping. Near the bottom of the mast, I drilled a hole and
then installed a rubber grommet to protect the coax from chaffing. I also used a
rubber grommet at the top of the mast where the coax exits to connect to the
bottom of the antennae. Sorry, I don't have any close-up pictures to show you.

Rummy