[Rhodes22-list] More diesel and gasoline questions

Ben Schultz BenS at ApproSystems.com
Wed Dec 10 16:43:35 EST 2003

Wow.  I'm going to delete that last sentence and send that info to my wife
next time she starts wanting to move to a big city up north.  Brrrr.

-----Original Message-----
From: R22RumRunner at aol.com [mailto:R22RumRunner at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:40 PM
To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] More diesel and gasoline questions

Rik,
I remember one winter in Wisconsin where it got really cold, in the minus 20

range and that was the high for the day. It stayed like that for almost two
weeks. We would take the battery out of the car and bring it inside at night
keep it from freezing and hopefully have enough power to crank the engine in

the morning. Even with a 10 weight oil in the crankcase it was a lost cause.

I've even placed burning charcoal under the car to heat the oil enough to
crank
the engine. NOT FUN!!!! Especially crawling around in a foot of snow. I
laugh now, but I wouldn't ever do it again. Block heaters and inline hos
heaters make life up north a little more predictable and enjoyable.

Rummy

The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from
your system and contact the sender.