[Rhodes22-list] Attention group advice requested " centerboard issues"

FNuttersNY at aol.com FNuttersNY at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 14:42:38 EST 2003

In an attempt to replace lost centerboard  is it not true that the trunk must
first be made accessable? If this is true then I have to deal with cement
encased trunk that  I inherited from prior owners.  The space from the bildge to
the floor boards and about three feet from  bulkhead and about 12 inches wide
between molded wood stringers that hold up floor has been filled with cement.
I think in  an attempt to seal out water.  I get about a quart on a ruff sail
so watertight is not a big issue for me but  to havre a centerboard back
would be very nice.  Members may recall I  knocked a gaping hole in my in my keel
this summer.