[Rhodes22-list] " centerboardissues"

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Sun Dec 28 13:36:59 EST 2003

Frank,

   It is Frank, right?

   On my 1974, I removed the cover plates on both sides and pushed the pin out with a long punch.  I am afraid I can not be of much help on the block set up.  My c/b has two blocks on the board itself, and two bolted to a removable wooden cover on top of the trunk in the cabin.  The wooden cover is most likely a P.O. fix.  You may be able to see the micro blocks in the pic I sent of the board laying on the ground.  they are attached with tiny bails through holes drilled in the trailing edge of the board.

   The physical dimensions of the rudder blade and the centerboard are identical except the centerboard weighs about 75 - 100 lbs, whereas the rudder blade weighs very little,  guess about 10 - 15 lbs.  I have the e-mail address of a guy on Long Island.  He  has/had? a 1970 Rhodes 22 that he was going to part out and sell on e-bay.  I e-mailed him several times and he kept promising to get back to me after he took pics.  Whatever I did not want, he was going to sell on e-bay, but he never had time to take the pics, so I stopped e-mailing him.  I figured he is busy like most of us are and I didn't want to be a pest (my usual M.O.). :-)  Here is a copy of his e-mail posted to the Sailnet Rhodes 22 list.

>>> Hi All:

I am parting a 1970 Rhodes 22 - in the next few weeks, these will be on Ebay - but I thought that I would give you an early consideration.

Parts include mast, rudder, winches, cleats, standing rigging, all stanchtions, lifelines, lighting fixtures, sails, cushions - and anything else that I can remove.

Boat is located in Long Island, NY.

Regards,

Joe