[Rhodes22-list] Football.

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 30 14:07:28 EST 2003

I won't dignify that with a reply - just some jokes to take the pain
away

Ron
-----------------

Once upon a time long, long ago there was a season when neither the Packers
nor
the Bears made the post season playoffs. It seemed so unusual that the
management
of both teams got together and decided that there should be some sort of
competition
between the two teams, because of their great rivalry. So, they decided on a
week
long ice fishing competition. The team that catches the most fish at the
end of the week wins.

So on a cold northern Wisconsin lake (gave them the benefit of the doubt or
they
would whine about home field advantage) they began their contest.

The first day after 8 hours of fishing the Bears had caught 100 fish and the
Packers had 0. At the end of the 2nd day the Bears had caught 200 fish and
the Packers 0.

That evening the Packers coach got his team together and said, "I suspect
some kind
of cheating is taking place." So the next morning he dressed one of his
players in
blue and orange and sent him over to the Bears camp to act as a spy. At the
end of
the day he came back to report to the coach. The coach asked "Well, how
about it,
are they cheating?"

"They sure are!" the player reported, "They're cutting holes in the ice."

There is a Vikings fan who is married to a Bears fan. He loves her with all
of his heart,
but just can't get past the fact that she is a Bears fan and therefore,
kinda slow.
He thinks long and hard, and comes to a decision.

As much as he loves Minnesota, he loves her more. He decides to become a
Bears fan.
After weeks of trying unsuccessfully to root for the Bears he decides to
enlist the aid
of a doctor.

"Doc, I want to become a Bears fan, is there any way you can do it?" the man
asks.

"Well, it's quite simple, I just have to remove 1/3 of your brain, but it is
very dangerous procedure. Are you sure you want to do this?" the Doctor
asks.

"I have no other choice." the man says. He wants to have the surgery right
away.

The doctor begins the procedure. During the operation, his hand slips, and
he cuts out
too much of the poor  fan's brain. While the man is recuperating, the doctor
is pacing around his bedside.

The man starts to stir. The doctor rushes over and says "Sir! I am so sorry,
during
the surgery I mistakenly removed 2/3 of your brain!"

The man looks up at the doctor with a big smile on his face and says, "GO
PACKERS!"