[Rhodes22-list] joke

Michael Meltzer mjm@michaelmeltzer.com
Sat, 01 Feb 2003 10:34:15 -0500

WASHINGTON, DC (AheadOfNews.com) - In a surprise statement made after two nearly sleepless nights, George W. Bush has stated that Iraq must hand over the Easter Bunny

or face military action.
"I wasn't quite sure how to take that," said a Washington insider who asked not to be named. "At first I thought it was a code phrase, or something. Then I realized he'd been working on his State of the Union speech for almost 48 hours straight, and he might just be sleepwalking."Other Washington insiders agree, suggesting that this may be the first recorded episode of presidential somnambulation.

Colin Powell rushed to Bush's defense however, and insisted that the president was neither talking in his sleep nor using a code phrase. "We have evidence obtained from our own sources that Saddam Hussein has the Easter Bunny, and that he's been using deception and stalling tactics to prevent the UN inspection team from finding him."

Powell continued "Let me make this perfectly clear - absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. It's not up to us to prove that Iraq has the Easter Bunny. It's up to Iraq to prove that it does not. If Saddam Hussein can't do something this simple, it's absolute proof that they are not only deliberately hiding the Easter Bunny, but also biological, chemical, and nuclear weapons of mass destruction."

    - from Jay Pocius

Name: bunny30.jpg Type: image/jpeg Size: 48758 bytes Desc: not available