[Rhodes22-list] Still Looking

Bob Minisi romin@csionline.net
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:44:15 -0500

Hello,
I looked at 2 boats today, a 1990 Rhodes 22 and a 1982 Island Packet 26.
I need some help please.

Stan suggested a July delivery for a recycled from him so I'm looking at
what's out there.

The Rhodes was purchased as a recycled from General Boats 3 years ago and is
in great condition except for some scratches on the painted blue hull.

            Is getting this repainted going to be a problem?
            Will the color match when repaired?

The roller furler has the aluminum tube.  Is this the old style and can I
expect problems with this?  The owner wasn't sure of the brand and I
couldn't see any name on the unit.

If I add a bimini and swivel seats the boat will have all I need at the
moment.  What is involved with the seat installation or should I have a shop
do the install?

And... any opinions on the Island Packet?

Thanks
Bob in Manahawkin