[Rhodes22-list] Still Looking

Jay Friedland a.jayf@verizon.net
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 20:46:17 -0500

Alex-
Apologies for your comparison of the IP with the R22, as it is a fair
evaluation. Where Bob, Rob Baldi, and I, among maybe a dozen other
owners are located, we are blessed and cursed with high winds and no
water. Our barrier islands are great protection, but the average mean
low water is 2-4 feet. This covers an area of approximately 4-5 miles
wide, 18 miles long, 5-6 miles before deeper water, other than the
channel. The average wind is 15-18 kts., seldom below 8 kts. It seems
to be uniquely suited to either the R22 or the venerable 19'-22'
catboats.