[Rhodes22-list] Still Looking

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:57:09 -0500

Rik,

As a former Ohioan, I can see why someone from the Buckeye state would
frown upon subjecting himself and his young family to Chicago winters.
Ohioan's are usually smart enough to head south instead of north during
Jan/Feb. Might get some sailing in down south.   Like today, for
instance. It was 68 degrees and sunny today down here. Almost took
Kizmet out, but found that the fresh water system had a bit of a leak
caused by freezing. Turned out to be the cockpit shower head, which is
actually a kitchen sink sprayer, split and blew off. Had to go to Lowes
for replacement, but that was all that was a problem.

We don't normally winterize our boats here, but the weather got much
colder than normal. Guess I'll have to rethink this next year. Our
winter looks to be over now. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, gone sailin.

Alex