[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes Boat Insurance Cost

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 21:31:43 -0800 (PST)

Dan,

My boat was recycled in 1997 and I am the second owner
downstream from that event.  I intentionally inflated
the value of the trailer and motor to reduce the state
sales tax. My personal approach to insurance is to
carry the maximum liability limits and take the risk
on the loss of the actual stuff (which you can only do
if you don't have a lien).  Thats the cheapest route
but it really hurts if you do suffer a loss.  I can
recover from the loss of a car/boat/etc. but not from
someone filing a lawsuit because my coffee was too hot
when they poured it in their lap.

Brad