[Rhodes22-list] UPS sail

Mark Kaynor mark@kaynor.org
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 07:40:50 -0500

I took the plunge and ordered a dark blue-white- dark blue UPS yesterday
afternoon (the "Rhodes22 club" package). Unfortunately, I won't be able to
report on it's performance until after 1 April when we can put in at our
local lake.

I also thought I'd pass on Paul Beaudin's reply r.e. how much wind the sail
could handle w/o damage.

"The UPS will handle any wind speed. The boat will tip over before you
damage the sail. Tight reaching in light air is about the same. I think in
10 knots you will start to get over powered and this sail does not reef. So
roll it up and pull out the jib."

Mark Kaynor