[Rhodes22-list] Cabin Step in 1975 Rhodes 22

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk@trw.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 08:01:25 -0500

Thanks much for the details. that is what I needed to know.
How Long Have you had your 74 model? Are there other modifications you would like to share.
My goal is to get the boat cleaned up and sailing like I want without spending toooo much money.

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary

>>> djsitler@gmpexpress.net 02/05/03 06:31PM >>>
Hi Bob,
I have a 1974 Model and inside the hatch is a keel cover. The newer boats
have a plate on top that is removable,but mine is one piece, which means to
remove the centerboard you do it from the bottom. The step you refer to on
my boat is around two feet wide and runs from the port side seat uprights
(which it was screwed to) just across the keel cover. It had a piece of
plywood from there to the floor for support. There was also a piece of wood
under the step sitting on top the keel cover for support. That was all that
was there when I got the boat. On mine I boxed in the keel cover and
fastened a new step to it and the seat uprights, after putting in a new
floor and everything else. I don't have a drawer under it but storage space
nontheless.

Denny