[Rhodes22-list] Cabin Step in 1975 Rhodes 22

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk@trw.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 08:12:06 -0500

Excellent drawing Todd. Thanks
My boat is missing the C/B truck cover, But I can fix that up.
One more question.
I have a thin plywood panel under the settee that seems to extend the width of the bunk for sleeping, However there is no support under the panel when extended. Can you tell me what I am missing?

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary

>>> sprocket80@mail.com 02/06/03 01:05AM >>>

   Bob,

        My 1974 has a cover that boxes the c/b trunk in and supports the
   top from the port setee which is "L" shaped.  Unfortunately the teak
   veneer is in bad shape.  I will try to include a sketch.  I can take
   pics and post them this weekend if you would like, but I think you
   could fabricate one from the drawing.

   Todd

   ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis J Sitler" Date: Wed, 5 Feb
   2003 18:31:32 -0500 To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list" Subject: Re:
   [Rhodes22-list] Cabin Step in 1975 Rhodes 22 > Hi Bob, > I have a 1974
   Model and inside the hatch is a keel cover. The newer boats > have a
   plate on top that is removable,but mine is one piece, which means to >
   remove the centerboard you do it from the bottom. The step you refer
   to on > my boat is around two feet wide and runs from the port side
   seat uprights > (which it was screwed to) just across the keel cover.
   It had a piece of > plywood from there to the floor for support. There
   was also a piece of wood > under the step sitting on top the keel
   cover for support. That was all that > was there when I got the boat.
   On mine I boxed in the keel cover and > fastened a new step to it and
   the seat uprights, after putting in a new > floor and everything else.
   I don't have a drawer under it but storage space > nontheless. > >
   Denny > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Robert Dilk" > To: >
   Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 3:38 PM > Subject: [Rhodes22-list]
   Cabin Step in 1975 Rhodes 22 > > > Does any one with an Older Rhodes
   22 have a cabin step down by the entry > hatch. > All I have is the
   keel cover. I was wondering what might be missing? > > Bob > S/V Knot
   Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list > > > > >
   Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list

   Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at [1]Mail.com