[Rhodes22-list] social security

Alex Bell alexbell@coastalnet.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 14:32:28 -0500

I'm just passing this along as food for thought. It came to me addressed
to "undisclosed recipiants" so if you are getting this a second time, I
apologize in advance.

AB

Since most of us have paid into FICA for years and
will be or are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and
then finding out that we are being taxed on 85% of the money we paid to
the federal government to "put away," you may be interested in the
following:

Q: Which party took Social Security from an independent fund and put it
in
the general fund so that Congress could spend it?