[Rhodes22-list] Cabin Step in 1975 Rhodes 22

Robert Dilk Robert.Dilk@trw.com
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 08:25:36 -0500

thanks
I purchased the boat last thanksgiving and towed the boat from Cape Cod to Greenville, NC.
I have sailed the boat 6 times since then.
The boat needs TLC but I have not seen any major structural problems (and I have had her out in 20 KTS winds and the mast is still up:))

The Ice box is shot and mine has no top access. I was thinking of buying a 12 gallon Drink cooler (like the teams use at the football games) and mounting it with a hole thru the counter. IE top access cooler.

Bob
S/V Knot Necessary

>>> djsitler@gmpexpress.net 02/06/03 09:42PM >>>
Hi Bob,
I have replaced everything from the hatch forward. There was no sink or
counter to speak of when I got my boat, and I didn't like the condition of
some of the wood. The interior I put back in is different than original, and
not as fancy. I just copied the port side seat on the starboard side and
built a cabinet across at the end where the partition was. I have a
compression post instead of a partition and my v-berth is lowered and
extends back to the seats with two 22"x22"x11 1/2" deep areas for the
porti-poty, battery,water tank, and storage. I poured Tapplastic foam in the
v-berth as there was only some small foam pieces there when I got the boat.
I have had the boat for about a year and a half and the only sailing time on
it was when I got it. I still have a lot of work to do but it goes in the
bay this year. I have a Teflon bearing set up I made for the furler that I
think will work nice. If it works out ok I'll be glad to share it. I have
some pictures but have to figure out how to get them copied and posted. Be
glad to help you if I can, but I'm not a computer guru.

Denny