[Rhodes22-list] RE: [rhodes-list] Rhodes 32

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 18:57:38 -0500

Sandy,
       Are you on this list also:

http://www.geocities.com/chesapeake32ownersassoc/c32owners.html

And, the rest of you guys check this out!
                                         Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: A. P. (Sandy) Grice [mailto:apg4@pinn.net]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 4:17 PM
To: rhodes-list@sailnet.net
Subject: [rhodes-list] Rhodes 32

EdK  <kroposki@innova.net> wrote:

>       Any pictures under sail?  Blue water sailing?  8' beam at that
>length ought to move.  Sounds like a Rhodes racer.

None recent...or digital for that matter.  The camera is always with me,
and I'm either sailing my boat or on someone else's, so there aren't any
jpeg's.  Got *lots* of it up on the stands in the yard.... :-(

The boat's a tad beamier than that, but it can move along smartly...with
clean hull, that is.  (I'm a mile from the outfall of a sewage treatment
plant, and as a result, marine growth is astonishing.)  According to
Phil's
own mathematical estimates, hull speed should be about 6 knots, but I've
done better than that using a "KnotStick" to measure speed (a spring
balance type of gauge, with a plastic disc trolled behind providing the
resistance).  I've done 7-8 on occasion and maybe a bit more on surges.

Cheers

SailNet Delivers honest pricing,

free shipping and no sales tax (except SC)!

Get another 4% off with a SailPerks Membership.

Visit www.sailnet.com today!

** 8 of 174 members support this list and save money with SailPerks **
Visit http://www.sailnet.com/sailperks/ for details.