[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

Rik Sandberg sanderico@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:16:44 -0600

Mark,

Sure, why not??? I have a truck now and I have had others in the past that
would easily tow, either the Flicka or the Nor-Sea. The beam is about the
same on both, about 8 feet, although the Nor-Sea is a couple thousand
pounds heavier than the Flicka. Draft is even within a couple inches of the
same.

Towing these boats is really pretty much a non-issue for me. Any of them
are far smaller than the race trailers I have towed all over the upper
midwest for the last 17 years years and about 180,000 miles or so. And, I
do make my living in the trucking business, so I have a lot (about 28
years) of experience with even bigger outfits than this. The biggest race
trailer I had a few years back, would make almost two of the Nor-Seas. 32
foot box (36 ft overall) Tri-axle. Gross weight (loaded) about 15,000,
about 27,500 counting the truck, 8'6" wide and 12' High. Truck and trailer
were about 64 feet long overall. After you drive something like that around
for a while, towing boats doesn't seem like such a big deal anymore. Boats
tow very easily in comparison.

Rik