[Rhodes22-list] nor sea

Kroposki kroposki@innova.net
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:32:52 -0500

Steve:
      In regards to Nor-Sea I have read a bunch of mail on the list and
looked at two web sites about this boat and subject.  Who did James
Montgomery actually sue?  Was his original suit against Eeg or a company
owned by Eeg?  Did the original company go bankrupt?  Is there a
bankruptcy involved here?  Give me a clue.
                                 Ed K

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Steve Alm
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 1:38 AM
To: Rhodes
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] nor sea

As a previous owner of a Montgomery 15 and former member of their e-mail
list, I seem to recall Jerry Montgomery wanting to get out of the biz.
However I didn't hear all the flap about the molds.  Very interesting!

For what it's worth, we loved our little lap strake M15.  It's a tough
little boat and very seaworthy if quite tender.  It has the same
combination
keel configuration as the Rhodes and couldn't be easier to sail, launch,
retrieve and trailer.  We moved up to the Rhodes because we wanted
something
bigger and more accommodating, but the M15 was tons o' fun!

I took a friend of mine out for his very first sail on the Monty.  After
about 15 minutes, I was talking about how we wanted to get a Rhodes22
and he
practically started trembling:  "Are you gonna sell this boat?  I'll buy
this boat.  I'll buy this boat today."  He did and the rest is history.
He's very happy with his new boat and so am I.

Slim

On 2/12/03 11:04 PM, "Kroposki" <kroposki@innova.net> wrote:

> Rik,
>    What is the rest of the story?  What is Montgomery leaving out.
>                                     Ed K

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.