[Rhodes22-list] Boat name size

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 11:08:55 -0500

Fretless's name is in 5 inch vinyl lettering and it probably could easily
have been one inch larger, maybe 2 though it looks good at 5" and is
visible for quite a distance away. I've attached a pic and there are two
pics of us under sail that show the name
at  http://www.kaynor.org/Rhendezvous/mdscf0005.jpg and
http://www.kaynor.org/Rhendezvous/mdscf0010.jpg  The one thing we
definitely should have done a bit differently is put a bit more space
between the letters.

Mary Lou

At 02:18 AM 2/15/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Jim,
>We recently got new name decals for our boat and the lettering came in at
>about 12 inches overall from the top of the capitols to the bottom of the
>tails.  I don't know the measurement from rubrail to bootstripe but we're
>pretty happy with our 12 inch lettering.  They were made for us by our
>list's own Rik Sandberg and we think the decals came out great.  Here's a
>photo.
>Slim
>
>On 2/14/03 8:23 PM, "Jim Connolly" <jbconnolly@speakeasy.net> wrote:
>
> > For those of you with boat names on the port and starboard quarters, what
> > vertical size capitol letters fit?
> >
> > Alternatively, what is the approximate vertical distance between the
> > bootsripe and the rubrail?  I would think half this distance would be a
> good
> > size.
> >
> > Any opinions appreciated.
> >
> > Jim Connolly

> > Use Rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org, Help? www.rhodes22.org/list
>

>Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.
>
>Name: not available Type: image/jpeg Size: 126039 bytes Desc: not available

Name: FretlessontrailerHC.JPG Type: image/jpeg Size: 68546 bytes Desc: not available