[Rhodes22-list] 1981 Rhodes 22 Leaks

John Tonjes johntonjes@earthlink.net
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:21:32 -0500

Ron,
Where is the water coming into the boat? Possibly the centerboard cap is
leaking? This is generally the only place that a R22 will leak,other
than having structural damage.

Rummy

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Ron R. Bonnevie
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 1:07 PM
To: rhodes22-list@rhodes22.org
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] 1981 Rhodes 22 Leaks

Hi Rhodes list members,

I am new to this list so forgive any errant protocols.
I have a 1981 Rhodes 22 that has been leaking since I bought it a few
years ago, even though I paid a boatyard to repair the keel & keel trunk
(it was poorly repaired). I suspect that the leaks are still coming from
that area, but have yet to prove it with a drydock water test. I was
hoping that someone in this list could send me their experienced
instructions on how to repair the keel well /trunk /centerboard, and any
cutaway diagrams or blueprints that they may have for the keel & trunk
design. I have still been able to sail it with a small bilge pump, but
would prefer to repair the leaks wherever they may be.

Best Regards,

Ron B.
Bar Harbor, ME
vitalunion@juno.com