[Rhodes22-list] Furlers - CDI or GB

John Tonjes johntonjes@earthlink.net
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 15:47:41 -0500

Julie,
I'd agrre with Ed. The GB Furler is almost bullet proof. My 88 has never
had any problems associated with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces@rhodes22.org] On Behalf Of Kroposki
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2003 3:08 PM
To: 'The Rhodes 22 mail list'
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Furlers - CDI or GB

Julie T:
         I have an '84 with Stan's furler.  It works fine and when you
take down the mast for transport is not hard to work with.  Other sails
can be mounted for and aft of it.  I have a spinnaker that I set forward
of it.  The recent discussion of the UPS, mounts it behind the Genoa.
	Only problem I know of is if you will be under a lot of strong
wind conditions and will want to get a smaller sail, in which case you
might consider a changeable type.
            Ed k