[Rhodes22-list] Furlers - CDI or GB

Ronald Lipton lipton@fnal.gov
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 15:33:30 -0600

I have the GB furler now and had a CDI furler on my old Catalina.  I
never
had a real problem with either.  The only minor problem I had was with
the
CDI, when the furling line was tangled in the drum and I had to furl the
sail
by turning the foil by hand.  No big deal. The ability to change sails
with
the CDI is nice, but of limited value when you only have one headsail.
However
my current Genoa is showing signs of age and I am also thinking about
the UPS
sail.  So when I go for new sails in a year or two I may opt for a
smaller jib
and might change the furling gear if there is a possibility of keeping
two
headsails.

Ron Lipton