[Rhodes22-list] sail tear

gene phares shoejg@yahoo.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:26:45 -0800 (PST)

sorry, I brought my 'new 1993" precision 18 home today. I bought it to learn to sail. in about 2 years I'll get a tow vehicle and a rhodes 22. till then, my main sail has a 3/4 inch hole and my jib has a 5"rip. my honey has a machine that will handle the material. can I just zig zag stitch them or must I use some kind of "???sail repair cloth????" as a backing? thanx and if you see a P-18 pulling up to you in the Chesapeake or Lake Champlain, it'll be me and I'm still a wannnabe rhodey. don't give up on me Stan and Elton.