[Rhodes22-list] Depthsounder

Mary Lou Troy mltroy@netreach.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:43:47 -0500

We went with quick and easy after fussing trying to get the transom-mount
transducer to our fishfinder to shoot through the hull. You are supposed to
be able to do that but we kept getting stymied by turbulence. It would read
fine until we got into shallow water.  We ended up mounting the transducer
on a piece of PVC and using a hook over the stern rail and u-bolts to hold
it to the swim ladder. You can see the PVC (sort of) in the pic at
http://www.kaynor.org/Rhendezvous/mdscf0005.jpg  It is out of the way,
doesn't interfere with the rudder, seems to read pretty accurately and is
easily removable. It was supposed to be temporary but we've decided we like
it there.

The fishfinder is a Raymarine. It has several modes including one with
large depth numbers that are easily readable from anywhere in the cockpit.
If you look at the larger version of that pic (at
http://www.kaynor.org/Rhendezvous/dscf0005.jpg), you can almost read the
numbers.

Mary Lou