[ham] [Rhodes22-list] FW: A good idea

brad haslett flybrad@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:07:59 -0800 (PST)

Actually that's quite funny, and fun to play with.
 Since no one is sailing we may as well solve the
worlds problems.  What I find so amusing about the
"oil conspiracy" theories is how little reality based
thinking there is behind them.  The big oil companies
are heavily vertically integrated entities.  Believe
it or not, they make money on donuts, coffee,
newspapers, and stuff, regardless of the price of
gasoline.  What they don't do is drill when the price
per barrel of crude goes below about $25 per barrel.
If our only goal in Iraq was to get our hands on the
oil, and we open the spigots full,  it would decimate
our domestic production industry, i.e., Halliburton
and the like.  GW knows this because his company went
bust when crude prices went south.  What will have to
happen is that Iraqi oil production profits be
diverted to internal re-construction.  This is good
for the Iraqi people and good for France, and others,
dependent on their oil.  Since President 41 didn't go
for the oil when he had the opportunity there is no
reason to believe that 43 will either except to
rebuild Iraq's domestic economy.  Surely everyone
agrees that the Iraqi people could use oil profits for
better things than a bigger army.

Brad Haslett

http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attch/200302/20/attachment.gif