[Rhodes22-list] Getting Boat off trailer for painting.

Bob Weber ruba1811@hotmail.com
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:19:14 -0600

Hi all,  I am looking to do some bottom painting and i am too cheap to rent
the "Lift" at the marina.  The boat is on the trailer now and the areas that
need painting the most is the area under the bunks.  I got a plan in my head
that should work but I have never been accused of being very smart so I
thought I would bounce it off a couple of people on this list that I know to
be smarter than the average bear.  Assuming I can procure 4 stands I planned
to lower the nose wheel of the trailer its full range thus putting the
stearn in the air.  Place a couple stands under the stearn and raise the
nose wheel all the way place a couple more stands under the bow and then
lower the nose wheel and viola I should have enought clearance to fit a
paint brush.  Sanding might be a little difficult though.  If anyone has
tried this or has aonther meathod .... I am alll ears.

Bob Weber