[Rhodes22-list] Wally, You There?

anima anima13@bellsouth.net
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 07:35:50 -0600

Wally,
Sorry about your mother. You really need to go out to Brad's
place. they are just such fine and fun folks it would give you
such a break. You could crawl in his boat in the back yard for
cocktails!
I was there over the Chinese New Year when I returned his mast
raising system I borrowed. His wife made the finest dishes I have
EVER!
You can go to my photo site to check 'em out:
http://photos.yahoo.com/anima13

As an aside, I was at your part of our river this Sat for the "Racing Rules of Sailing" seminar at the Concord Yacht Club. Met Bill Shafer who owns a Rhodes continental, 1979. Just your typical nice Rhodie! He has purchased a Benneteau 38. Nice clubhouse and facility there.
Had pounding rain all night Friday and most the morning Sat. Then for lunch it was 74 and sunny so we ate on the deck! However, the drive back to KY lake was something!
 As we left the seminar in sunshine, there were those really saucer-size raindrops on the windsheild and low grey clouds with high sun clouds. then off-and-on rain-vs-sun to Lebanon, TN where it was light cloud cover and 55 degrees. (Now, this is far eastern suburb of Nashville). When we were going up the hill outside Nashville on west side, the thermometer now showed 39 and then the rain was splotting and laying on the windsheild rather than watering off!! The rest of the way was 33 degrees and rain/sleet/snow!
this winter has been too much! However, I have logged 12 sailing days since Thanksgiving. Once can't be too fussy about mother nature!
I am off to Belize on March 8th on a 43 foot!!
Anne